FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STARNow’s On-Demand Rides in Seagoville Only $2, Effective Nov. 1
TERRELL, Texas—Rides within STARNow’s on-demand Seagoville travel zone will cost $2 effective Nov. 1.
The service began operating Monday-Friday, 6 am to 6 pm, starting Oct. 4. STAR Transit cancelled Route 301 and applied those resources to convenient mobility options for customers. Passengers who used Route 301 for rides to DART’s Buckner Station can use the STARNow mobile app to book travel according to their individualized schedules.
By calling customer service or using STARNow, Seagoville riders can expect a vehicle at their curb within 15-20 minutes, Tommy Henricks, STAR Transit executive director, said. Rides are based on availability.
“The STARNow app makes it even more convenient for riders to use STAR Transit to go to work, school, shopping, and out to eat,” Henricks said. “Transit on demand adds tremendous flexibility. It means you no longer have to be at a fixed spot at a fixed time to come aboard and go where you need to go.”
Rides within the Seagoville travel zone were free through Oct. 31. Fares for qualified seniors, veterans and persons with disabilities are $1, and children 12 and under remain free. Riders must be 13 or older to ride unaccompanied.
Seagoville residents may continue pre-booking medical trips by contacting the agency’s call center. Fares remain $1 to $12 based on mileage.
Riders can download the STARNow mobile app from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
To book a ride:
- Open the STARNow app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Where to?” box and select drop-off location. To select pickup spot, use your current location or enter your address manually.
- Add extra passengers or request accessibility features by tapping the “Passenger” or “Wheelchair” icons.
- To schedule in advance, select “Schedule” in the lower right corner. Trips can only be scheduled for the same day.
- To pay in the app, add a credit card. Or you can select “cash” and pay in the vehicle.
- Tap “Request Ride” when ready.
Riders may schedule the service by phone Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. “The app is easy to operate,” Henricks said. “Once a trip is created, riders will receive real-time updates via text or app notifications, and can track vehicle location and estimated arrival time in the STARNow app.”
Information: www.STARtransit.org, email [email protected], or call 877-631-5278.