FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STAR Transit launches STARNow – Same Day App in Seagoville;
ride free through October
TERRELL, Texas—Customer service enhancements are now providing anyone living, working and/or playing in the City of Seagoville same day trips, according to Tommy Henricks, STAR Transit Executive Director. By calling customer service and/or using the STARNow app, riders could expect a vehicle to arrive at their curb within 15-20 minutes of making their request. Rides are based on availability.
Effective Oct. 4, demand response service will operate Monday through Friday, 6 am to 6 pm. Route 301 is cancelled with STAR Transit applying those resources to provide timely and convenient mobility options for its customers. Passengers who have been depending on Route 301 for rides to the DART Buckner Station can use STARNow to book travel according to their individualized schedules.
“We’re encouraging everyone to use STARNow to its fullest by offering free fares through October 31,” Henricks said. Effective Nov. 1, rides within the travel zone are $2.00. Fares for qualified seniors, veterans and persons with disabilities are $1 and children 12 and under remain free. Riders must be 13 or older to ride unaccompanied.
Seagoville residents may continue pre-booking medical trips by contacting the agency’s call center. Fares remain $1 to $12 depending on the trip mileage.
To book a ride:
- Open the STARNow app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Where to?” box and select your drop-off location by searching for a point-of-interest or address. When selecting your pickup spot you can use your current location (the default) or enter your pickup location/address manually.
- Add additional passengers or request accessibility features by tapping on the “Passenger” or “Wheelchair” icons.
- If you want to schedule your trip in advance, select a later time by tapping “Schedule” in the lower right corner. Trips can only be scheduled for the same day.
- Choose to add a credit card and pay for your trip in the app or select cash and pay on the vehicle.
- Review your estimated pickup and drop-off time and tap “Request Ride” when ready.
“Riders are truly in control of booking and cancelling rides. Yes, they may call our scheduling agents, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. But the app is easy to operate,” said Henricks. “Once a trip is created, riders will receive real-time updates via text or app notifications and can track vehicle location and estimated arrival time in the STARNow app.”