Effective Monday, 4/6, STARNow Mesquite’s service hours will temporarily change from 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. This change is for same day service only. Demand Response hours will remain 6:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A RIDE:
- Download the STARNow mobile app from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
- Open the STARNow app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Where to?” box and select your drop-off location by searching for a point-of-interest or address. When selecting your pickup spot you can use your current location (the default) or enter your pickup location/address manually.
- Add additional passengers or request accessibility features by tapping on the “Passenger” or “Wheelchair” icons.
- If you want to schedule your trip in advance, select a later time by tapping “Schedule” in the lower right corner. Trips can only be scheduled for the same day.
- Choose to add a credit card and pay for your trip in the app or select cash and pay on the vehicle.
- Review your estimated pickup and drop-off time and tap “Request Ride” when ready.
Once a trip is created, riders will receive real-time updates via text or app notifications and can track vehicle location and estimated arrival time in the STARNow app.
Don’t have a smartphone?
Book your trip by calling 877-631-5278.
Effective April 6, we are temporarily suspending Terrell Bus Route 803 and the Kaufman Trolley until further notice.
To book a demand response ride, call 877-631-5278. Schedulers are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. For the health, safety and well-being of our riders, drivers and community, trips are limited to essential jobs, healthcare and access to food. No fares are being collected at this time.
Current News | All news
May 2020 Board Meeting
Meeting Date: May 19, 2020 at 2:00 pm Download agenda (PDF)
Closed Memorial Day
Posted: May 13, 2020
Service Alert | 4/9/20 | STAR Transit Waiving Bag Limit; Allowing Curbside Pickup
Posted: April 9, 2020
Service Alert | STARNow Mesquite temporarily changes service hours
Posted: April 2, 2020