Rights under Title VI:
STAR Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with STAR Transit.
If you feel that your accommodation request and/or access to public transportation was denied, based on race, color or national origin, you may file a complaint through the following processes:
- Call: Phone the Title VI Complaint Coordinator at (469) 474-2309.
- Fax: Print the Title VI Complaint Process and Form (English)/Title VI Complaint Process and Form (Español), complete and fax to (972) 563-0048.
- Email: Send an email to the Title VI Complaint Coordinator, [email protected].
- Mail: Print the Title VI Complaint Process and Form (English)/Title VI Complaint Process and Form (Español), complete and mail to: STAR Transit, Attention Title VI Complaint Coordinator, P.O. Box 703, Terrell, TX 75160.
- In Person: A complaint form can be located at 500 Industrial Blvd., Terrell, TX 75160 and/or requested from a driver.
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
A person may file a complaint with Texas Department of Transportation at TXDOT Civil Rights Division/Attn: Title VI Program Administrator, 125 E. 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
If you need information in another language, please call 877-631-5278.
Si necesita informaciόn en un otro idioma, llame al 877-631-5278.