STARNow is available in Mesquite. Pick up and drop off points must be inside the Mesquite travel zone. STARNow Mesquite serves the DART Lake Ray Hubbard Transit Center (6151 Duck Creek Dr, Garland, TX 75043), Eastfield College (3737 Motley Dr) and Hanby Stadium (410 East Davis St) for connections to DART Rail and buses.
How to Schedule a Ride
- Download the STARNow mobile app from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
- Open the STARNow app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Where to?” box and select your drop-off location by searching for a point-of-interest or address. When selecting your pickup spot you can use your current location (the default) or enter your pickup location/address manually.
- Add additional passengers or request accessibility features by tapping on the “Passenger” or “Wheelchair” icons.
- If you want to schedule your trip in advance, select a later time by tapping “Schedule” in the lower right corner. Trips can only be scheduled for the same day.
- Choose to add a credit card and pay for your trip in the app or select cash and pay on the vehicle.
- Review your estimated pickup and drop-off time and tap “Request Ride” when ready.
Once a trip is created, riders will receive real-time updates via text or app notifications and can track vehicle location and estimated arrival time in the STARNow app.
Don’t have a smartphone?
Book your trip by calling 877-631-5278.
Note: Phone reservations must be made at least 30 minutes in advance. Only same-day trips accepted. Reservations accepted Monday – Friday, starting at 5:30 a.m.
You always pay your fare when boarding the bus, whether you are paying via the STARNow App, paying cash or using a STAR Transit red ticket. Please remember drivers do not carry cash, so change will not be given for overpaid fares.
- Fare structure:
- Rides within Mesquite travel zone = $3.00
- Qualified Seniors 60+, Veterans, Disabled Riders = $1.50
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- See how to qualify.
- Enter your current location and desired destination, either with the app or by calling 877-631-5278.
- All STARNow vehicles meet ADA requirements, offering wheelchair lifts or ramps to accommodate riders with disabilities. Riders with disabilities may bring service animals on board.
- All trips require a reservation. No walk-ups allowed.
- Be ready. Vehicles depart briefly after arriving at the pick-up point noted by the app.
- Need to cancel a trip? Let us know before the vehicle arrives, either via the app or by phone.
Service is not available on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Need Further Assistance?
Contact us at 877-631-5278.