STARNow is available in Terrell. Pick up and drop off points must be inside the Terrell travel zone. Wait time is based on vehicle availability.
How to Schedule a Ride
- Download the STARNow mobile app from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
- Open the STARNow app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Where to?” box and select your drop-off location by searching for a point-of-interest or address. When selecting your pickup spot you can use your current location (the default) or enter your pickup location/address manually.
- Add additional passengers or request accessibility features by tapping on the “Passenger” or “Wheelchair” icons.
- If you want to schedule your trip in advance, select a later time by tapping “Schedule” in the lower right corner. Trips can only be scheduled for the same day.
- Choose to add a credit card and pay for your trip in the app or select cash and pay on the vehicle.
- Review your estimated pickup and drop-off time and tap “Request Ride” when ready.
Once a trip is created, riders will receive real-time updates via text or app notifications and can track vehicle location and estimated arrival time in the STARNow app.
Don’t have a smartphone?
Book your trip by calling 877-631-5278.
Note: Phone reservations must be made at least 30 minutes in advance. Only same-day trips accepted. Reservations accepted Monday – Friday, starting at 5:30 a.m.
You always pay your fare when boarding the bus, whether you are via the STARNow App, paying cash or using a STAR Transit red ticket. Please remember drivers do not carry cash, so change will not be given for overpaid fares.
- Fare structure:
- Rides within Terrell travel zone = $3.00
- Qualified Seniors 60+, Veterans, Disabled Riders = $1.50
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- See how to qualify.
- Enter your current location and desired destination, either with the app or by calling 877-631-5278.
- All STARNow vehicles meet ADA requirements, offering wheelchair lifts or ramps to accommodate riders with disabilities. Riders with disabilities may bring service animals on board.
- All trips require a reservation. No walk-ups allowed.
- Be ready. Vehicles depart briefly after arriving at the pick-up point noted by the app.
- Need to cancel a trip? Let us know before the vehicle arrives, either via the app or by phone.
Service is not available on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Need Further Assistance?
Contact us at 877-631-5278.